Conditions of Entry
- Entries will only be accepted on the Official Entry Form or photocopy and must be completed and signed by the entrant.
- Each participant must run/walk/wheelchair the designated course or as directed by the race marshals and/or the police.
- The organisers reserve the right to reject or cancel any entrant at any time.
- No vehicles are to follow the runners unless approved by the event co-ordinator. No cyclists or roller skaters to enter or accompany the run.
- Athletes should not assemble at the start in Castray Esplanade until directed by Race Organisers or Tasmania Police.
- All participants will be issued a race number. The number must be attached to the front of your singlet/top clearly displaying the number and sponsor’s names.
- Teams can consist of unlimited team members, however a team must have at least three (3) runners. Only the first three team members across the line will count towards team results. Team members must complete either the 2.5km or 5km Fun Run.
- Business Team members may wear a singlet / tee shirt displaying their business logo/name.
- Competing School Team members must attend the school they are representing.
- School Team members must compete in a school singlet / tee shirt / polo top, etc.
- Sporting Team members must be a member of the appropriate sporting organisation they are representing.
- Social Team members may consist of anyone wanting to form a team and do not require an affiliation with anyone or any organisation.
- Results will be collated after the completion of the Fun Runs and Walk with results published in the paper. Placegetters in all Team categories (3 in each team) will be notified by mail and receive appropriate prizes as detailed on this Entry Form.
BY ENTERING THIS EVENT YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING UNDERTAKINGS:
- I acknowledge that: I participate in the Event at my own risk. I will take all reasonable measures to protect myself from the risks of participation. I accept all responsibility for travel and medical insurance and for payment and/or reimbursement of medical/surgical expenses incurred on my behalf.
- I am responsible for all property I bring to the Event sites and that Athletics Tasmania accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to this property.
- I consent to the conduct of identity verification checks, background security checks and any other security checks (which may include inspecting my personal property) prior to my entry to and departure from any Events sites.
- I undertake to comply with all applicable regulations, by laws and rules of the Australian Sports Anti Doping Agency (ASADA) and Athletics Australia in relation to the Event and will comply with all reasonable directions and decisions of the officials, and other representatives of ASDA and AA.
- I release Athletics Tasmania (and their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and / or agents) from any claim and from any liability (to the extent permitted by law) for or as a result of any loss, injury or damage suffered by me in relation to my attendance and participation at the Event, how so ever caused, including any claim or liability which arises due to any negligence of Athletics Tasmania (and / or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and / or agents).
- I consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, race result, image, voice, statement or otherwise, including the publication of my name and/or event result and applicable age bracket in /or marketing materials/website without payment or compensation.
- To the best of my knowledge, I am not suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render me unfit to participate in the Event.
- I have not knowingly used any substance for the purpose of enhancing my performance at the Event and will not use any substance or procedures prohibited by the rules of Athletics Australia or the International Association of Athletics Federations (“IAAF”). (Competitors should check with their physician to ensure medication that they are taking is not a prohibited substance).
- By entering this event, you consent to your personal information being provided to Athletics Australia Ltd and Athletics Tasmania for the purpose of registering you as a recreational running class of member of Athletics Tasmania and for administering the Running Australia program. You further consent to receiving information (including via email) about the Running Australia program including details of other events and special offers or promotions.